Monday, September 7, 2009

Skirts. Skorts. And everywhere in between.

I love skirts. Dresses, in particular, are my favorite. Have you noticed when you wear a skirt you have to sit differently than if you have on jeans or shorts. You have to be aware of what your legs are doing at all times. I think this comes naturally to people who are inclined to wear skirts and dresses. Oh hey! Remember the skort? At least a viewer was aware that it was just a peekaboo short when they viewed the back. It was like garment mullet, instead of party in the back, business in the front, it was shorts in the back, skirt in the front. But I digress.
I was very unlucky this last weekend to be in the company of woman wearing what I thought was a short skirt. It was very shocking when she sat down on the floor, cross-legged - I thought What??!! and my eyes thought Where Do I Look!!! Not unlike the moment when someone is in front of you with lots of cleavage. Oh wait, did I mention this woman is in her 50's? Yes. So then her daughter says "MOM! Does that skirt have shorts sewn into them? Why are you sitting like that?!" And I say "You must remember, only YOU know there are shorts under that skirt!".
Ouch.

No comments: