Friday, March 16, 2007

the lamb that saved me from myself.

I hate tax time. Actually what I really hate is anytime I have a deadline to do anything that is not work-related. Because when it comes to work things, I am very responsible and dedicated and work wonderfully with things like projects and timelines. Really. But in my real life, I rebel from such things. Deadlines? What? Timelines? My idea of a timeline is getting something done whenever I get around to it. You know, that pile of mail by the front door - yeah, that's on my to-do list.
Then taxes come. Usually I wait around until the last possible day and then get really angry that I can't find anything necessary. The w-2s or w-4s or whatever they're called are missing or mis-placed, my taxes from last year are always lost (every year this is me: "you mean you have to keep those?") and whatever else I need is even harder to find. Then I scream and yell and get really angry and confused and then procrastinate over and over and finally the whole process is finished, but only after I have called 3 or 4 or 12 people to let them know how bad it all is.
This year is different. This year I am married. YAY! Married to a very responsible Lambatron who LOVES to do this stuff. He really likes it! And that is only one of a million-kajillion reasons that makes me soo very thankful and happy to have such a wonderful lamb. How did I luck out like this? My karma was so ON the day this Lamb came into my life. YAY FOR ME! What a great marriage perk - no more taxes. Taxes are totally invisible to me now. I love it. I love my lambatron 2000! meow!

2 comments:

Scott said...

Yes, taxes are totally invisible to you, except for the absence of a huge tax-refund check that you no longer receive because of our new tax br-iz-acket. Ah, the joys of being over-taxed and over-paid. :) You r0x0r, too, meow!

--Lamb

alchemisty said...

i need a lamblike object to do my taxes. it would be nice if said object would also pay my taxes. unfortunately, my own nonrobotic lamblike object is just as screwed about money as i am, and worse about deadlines. oh well. he has other charms.